Find the answer to your Linux question:
When i installed mandriva LE 2005 i configured the internet like it was when i was running windows. I got tired of windows though. I have everything configured right and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking Problem

When i installed mandriva LE 2005 i configured the internet like it was when i was running windows. I got tired of windows though. I have everything configured right and it will not connect to the internet no matter what i do. can someone help?

I'm sure someone can help, but we need more info. Wireless? Wired? PCI? USB? High speed connection? 56k? Router? Modem? DSL? Cable? Card? Version? Knowing about your hardware will help us help you.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    my pc is upstairs (im downstairs right now in my house on a diff pc) and its wired so its on lan. i have it set for that tho and it doesnt work. i am using dsl right now too.ISP is verizon

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    When you get up there to the computer in question, open a terminal, "konsole" which is in your menu will do, and type:
    Code:
    lspci
    and press enter. Look for an entry about your network card and write it down. Then come back down to this computer and post it for us.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!

NEVERMIND

you can delete this thread. i figured it out. (i figured it out before you posted.) all i did was go to the system configureation tool and reconfigure the internet. i did it twice and it worked. but i did it the way i sset it up in the setup. odd.