Find the answer to your Linux question:
I would like to find a downloadable version of DiskDrake to use on Linux distros which do not have a built-in partition manager. Please advise. Another option would be a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Needed: Downloadable version of DiskDrake to work alone or on other distros

I would like to find a downloadable version of DiskDrake to use on Linux distros which do not have a built-in partition manager. Please advise.

Another option would be a bootable CD which contains DiskDrake.

Thanks.

P.S: I hope you guys don't ban me because I'm asking for a free version of something. I didn't ask for a free version of the commercial package, just of a GPL-ed open one. (I believe DiskDrake is GPL, no?) If my question is out of bounds, just please inform me so I can delete this post. Please don't ban me. (Whew, I got paranoid reading that other warning on this forum.)

Linux Engineer
    You could just use the first Mandriva installation disc as a live CD since it already has DiskDrake on it. Another option would be to use Knoppix, which has qtparted and works equally as well.

You could always just use cfdisk though -- it should be on every distribution of Linux by default.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sether
    You could always just use cfdisk though -- it should be on every distribution of Linux by default.
    Thanks Sether.

Just Joined!
    Both MandrakeMove and PCLinuxOS have diskdrake - they are both LiveCDs. And, as someone mentioned, you can always just use the Mandrake Install CD as well.