Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I am very new to Linux. I used it for the first time a month ago. Because of my job I need both a linux and windows machine. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Beginners Help - Web Server

Hi all. I am very new to Linux. I used it for the first time a month ago. Because of my job I need both a linux and windows machine. I also need a web server which I wanted to be on my linux box. I know it is possible to install apache on it but is it possible to have my windows machine use it aswell as a web server???

Thanks v much

Linux Engineer
    You're asking if you can install Apache on Windows? If so, yes you can.
    serzsite.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won\'t save you from yourself"

Just Joined!
    no, i am asking if I can install apache on my linux box and then network my windows machine to it, and use apache on linux as a web server for my windows machine?

Yeah, in theory that would work. You would likely have to have what, a samba server, to allow you to connect to the window's share? Once you have the windows share up and you can access the window's machine from linux, then putting the files on the window's box to serve, would just be a matter of changing your document root in your apache config (httpd.conf) and pointing it to the window's share.

I am not familiar with samba or network shares in linux, but you will need to get that working first.
    Join the Open Source Revolution. Support GNU/Linux.

Find me at: www.deeksworld.com
    Registered GNU/Linux User #395777