Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone Sorry if I am asking a silly Doh! question. I really need help. I have installed Mandriva LE on my Toshiba Satellite M30-104 and it installed really without ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wifi not working -Really need help

Hello everyone

Sorry if I am asking a silly Doh! question.

I really need help. I have installed Mandriva LE on my Toshiba Satellite M30-104 and it installed really without any problems.

I am having major problems trying to get the built in Wifi to work. I belive the internal card is a Intel 2100.

I am really new to this all and would really appreciate if someone could talk me through the steps of getting this installed.

My setup is dual boot: Wndows XP with NTFS.
    I have downloaded the Intel drivers IPW2100-1.1.0.tz on my windows partion as this is viewable from wihin Linux.

Finally if I had more memory to the system do I need to run anything within Linux for the OS to recognise the additional memory?

Thank you

p.s I took my laptop to work to show off mandriva and already 2 people on the desk want a copy to install on their machine

See this post,, there is a link towards the end of it for setting up ipw cards.

Also, if you were to add more RAM to your system, there would be no need to run anything extra to get the system to notice it.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.