Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone, I have been playing around with the screensavers in Mandriva LE 2005 under KDE, and I am not quite satisfied by the available "slideshow" screensavers (not enough options ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Screensaver basics

Hello everyone,

I have been playing around with the screensavers in Mandriva LE 2005 under KDE, and I am not quite satisfied by the available "slideshow" screensavers (not enough options to do what I want).
    I wish to get some other screensaver -I tried the "Software Packages Installation" without success. Since I do not know much about Linux, I have some basic questions on screensavers, and I'd be very glad if someone could help....
    • Is it possible to install new screensavers and have them appear with the others in the screesaver dialog box (KDE Look'nFeel configuration menu) ?

• Are screensavers specific to operating systems (I suppose so), to linux distributions, to desktop environnements ?

• Are there any relatively reliable places on the web where I could find some ?

Thanks in advance for any answer !

Greetings,

Olivier.

Linux Newbie
    Try www.kdelook.org, there are dozens of screensavers, themes, wallpapers to make your desktop sexy.

Just Joined!

Thanks!

Ok, I found the information on the very nice website.

Thanks for the info ! Big cheers,

Olivier.

Just Joined!
    Also try installing the xscreensaver package - it has a lot of very nice screensavers. If you can't find it in the software installation thingo follow the instructions about easyurpmi in my sig.