Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I know there are other very similar topics on this page but I searched around and I couldn't find anything else to help me. I've used Mandrake before ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10.1 - Internet won't work help!!

Hey guys,
    I know there are other very similar topics on this page but I searched around and I couldn't find anything else to help me. I've used Mandrake before and I don't remember having major problems with internet. So after the install I haven't seen internet work yet. When I go to the control center and click on internet connection it tells me I am connected, yet I can't load any webpages or anything. I made a new connection and I'm pretty sure I specified all the right hardware and everything. It told me I was good to go but still no internet. Any help you guys offer will be appreciated. Thanks!

how do you connect to net? can you ping your router or any internet site?
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    I connect with a DSL modem. Everytime I try to connect to a website it says timeout on server.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    try this from command line:

ping yahoo.com

will probably not work

try ping 216.109.112.135

get a result? if so your network card configuration is fine, but you have no DNS resoultion. You need to be using a DNS server somewhere. If you are getiing an IP address from the cable modem via DHCP it SHOULD
    just work, but sounds like you are having issues getting that from the dsl provider when you connect.