Find the answer to your Linux question:
Wow, having lots of trouble with java plugin in MDK 10.0 and Mozilla 1.6 1. download OK from Sun MS used linux .rpm self extracting 2. install OK.....says package installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Java plugin (solved)

Wow, having lots of trouble with java plugin in MDK 10.0 and Mozilla 1.6

1. download OK from Sun MS used linux .rpm self extracting
    2. install OK.....says package installed (I see all the directories and files are where the intallation help says they should be)
    3. configure OK.....enabled java in Mozilla 1.6
    4. test no go

I'm almost positive I did this on another PC a while back,but I eneabled in Konqueror, which was very hard. Cannot recreate that "enable" in Konq now tho. Went to >config Konq>plugins, but no go. Also went to java and javascript. (says they're enabled, but test shows no go)

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Linux Newbie
    I'm in the same boat. I've tried a lot to get it to work, and it won't, which pisses me off because there's some stuff I need to view for school and such that I can't see...

any help would be appreciated

Linux Newbie

java plugin (solved), but..........

OK............
    In /usr/lib I have these directories
    mozilla
    mozilla-1.6
    each with a plugins folder. I have another MDK 10.0 PC also with 2 mozilla folders. What's up with that?

I had linked to the mozilla 1.6 folder cause that's what the STUPID INSTRUCTIONS FROM SUN MS SAY TO DO.
    As soon as I linked to the plain mozilla folder........voila!

Java is now working, but am trying to build a webpage on Yahoo. page builder says java now enabled, but applet loads partway, then I am signed off. Is this evil trick by MS - Yahoo to only allow netscape or IE?

Thanks

Just Joined!

Java plugin

Thanks!
    It worked like a charm in enabling the plugin. I'm using Mandriva 2006 .5 with mozilla 1.06
    Kevin