Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have mandrake 10 official version with no updates..since iam a complete newbie at linux..i never updates even a single package..after coming to our forums with generous help i was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandrake 10 or Mandriva 2005

i have mandrake 10 official version with no updates..since iam a complete newbie at linux..i never updates even a single package..after coming to our forums with generous help i was able to go thru the update process but found out tht updates are totalling to 1.3 Gb..now my question is shall i download updates and install them (i will download from windows so updating selected ones will surely b a problem especially for me) or download mandriva 2005 and install it? help will be grately appreciated and ya i searches for mandriva iso sites all of them i found were ftp's could someone get me http site as my dap speed is much more faster on https than ftps....thx

Linux Guru
    It's up to you. The common theme is if it works, don't fix it. I learned this leason the hard when I upgraded from 10.1 to LE05 and had so many issues I had to re-install 10.1. LE05 is just too buggy for me, but it might be worth it for you.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

so far in my limited experience updates have broken more than they have fixed but i like to play and troubleshoot and try to make them work again i guess so i guess it doesn't matter too much. so if you have lots of extra time to play update away and when stuff breaks you really get to learn linux
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    yup thts the way...as of now there have been no problems what so ever...but when i go to install sumthn lib missing is the always the problem...so thought LE might have updates..since i aint a power user i dont experiment much but research is always the option....so ummmm yup i wud like to download LE once after all it says "Limited Version"

Just Joined!
    If the updates are 1.3GB I'd just get the latest version.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by timelord50
    If the updates are 1.3GB I'd just get the latest version.
    gota agree with you mate

Just Joined!
    Have a look at easyuprmi (see my sig) if you want to get the URLs for some update mirrors. Even 2005LE has a lot of updates.