Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I have been running mandriva 2005le on wanadoo dialup for about a year and have now taken the plunge and ordered wanadoo broadband with a livebox. I asked what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wanadoo broadband modem works with linux!!!

Hi I have been running mandriva 2005le on wanadoo dialup for about a year and have now taken the plunge and ordered wanadoo broadband with a livebox.
    I asked what sort of modem it would be and they reckon it is a speedtouch 3.3 or 3.30 and that I will not be able to use it on linux is this right or is there a way around this please.

Thanks all

Just Joined!

Looks like others have been able to make this work in Linux.

Hi Sunshine13,

I wasn't familliar with this modem so I googled "speedtouch 3.3" and found quite a few links around it and Linux. It looks like others have been able to make this work, so I would say that the prognosis is good. Here is one of the links I found, to another linux forum. I would try to have Mandriva pick up the modem automatically using the hardware configuration tool before I tried anything listed in that thread though. I hope this helps!

Just Joined!
    Thanks redbeard looking at the links it looks as though most of it is there it just needs configuring. I will not get broadband for another week and was just figuring out what I will have to do once it arrives.
    Its nice to know someone has got it working because what would be the point of Linux without a internet connection.

bye 4 now

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close