Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by linuxuser40351 Originally Posted by bigtomrodney It's a bit of a bug in KDE. If you watch them in Gnomoe you should be fine, what I find is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Re: This it It

Quote Originally Posted by linuxuser40351
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney
    It's a bit of a bug in KDE. If you watch them in Gnomoe you should be fine, what I find is that if the sound system is idle for a minute or two (ie with no aRTs running) you will hear the sound). It's a messy one, I hope it is fixed soon.
    This is the problem, I have it too if I use KDE. Usually I just close out firefox, open the sound control and turn everything off then back on and it works just fine. I use gnome primarily though so I don't have this problem any more.
    Yes I have the same problem with mandriva 2005/2006. How ever at the moment I'm running Kubuntu 5.10 (KDE). Firefox is playing some flash animations, amarok is playing some music and kaffeine is playing something, all at the same time and I can hear everything with no trouble. No idea what they have done to it but it's working for me!

Just Joined!

Question

I have had a similar problem for as long as I've been using Mandrake/iva.

Right now I'm on Mandriva 2006, and until a few days ago, I was finally able to get sound in flash. I think all I did was set Amarok to use the gstreamer engine rather than arts. However, now the sound is gone again and there must be something fishy with my sound settings because it looks like when I terminate a session, something, which I presume to be the sound server, just hangs my machine and prevents it from shutting down properly. I can't recall doing anything special to mess things up again ...

I must say I'm really lost trying to figure out the ins and outs of Alsa / Arts / Gstreamer / Esa / Open sound system or whatever else is available.

My hardware is just an embedded Intel chipset, which is not even a year old so it should be ok.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Just Joined!
    I also dont have sound... how do I switch to GNOME? Im using KDE right now.

or how do I change between the different audio output types?

It seems to be fixed on my installation of Opensuse too. Didn't do anything with it...It is a reinstall. I hate it when things are fixed without seeing the resloution!

Just Joined!

Smile Just do yum install libflashsupport

Problem solved! and works for both firefox and opera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2