Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, before i formatted my hdd I made a backup on a dvd, but I did it through the linux (mandrake 10.2 beta3) that wasn't working quite well (that's my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Retrieving files (really needed) from a CD, recorded without/with unknown filesystem. Need help !!

Hi, before i formatted my hdd I made a backup on a dvd, but I did it through the linux (mandrake 10.2 beta3) that wasn't working quite well (that's my fault, I did one big bad thing - I gave all the files on my HDD the full access for everybody "chmod 777") . And when I install my Mandrake 10.1 off. - I can't mount the disk (DVD-RW), it says couldn't find filesystem, and none was specified. I've tryed to change the filesystem from *auto* to all the possible in the list - and nothing helped. By the way I've burned the disk with *k3b*
    Thanks in advance...

So is there a way to recover those files on the dvd-rw ?

Linux Guru
    Did you ever check the DVD-r to make sure it burned correctly. ie, did you try it on the system you burned it with?
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If you mean the disk with the backup's - No. Because I proceed with the installing fresh distro of linux. But the burning process went fine. And if you mean any other disk - Yes, I checked disk's that I've burned on that system. There all fine, but they were burned before that studip thing, that I did !