Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can connect to wow at home, on both my pc and work laptop (both winxp), but at work we run linux mandrake as internet gateway and it wont connect. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

world of warcraft connection problems

I can connect to wow at home, on both my pc and work laptop (both winxp), but at work we run linux mandrake as internet gateway and it wont connect. Both tcp and udp ports have been enabled and destination has been set to my lt ip address (static address).

Proxy??? Besides, shouldn't you be WORKING at work instead of playing WoW???
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Just Joined!
    proxy seems to be fine, we had linux redhat running before and the blizzard downloader worked fine as well as games like americas army. now both dont work. NOte use of wow is AFter HOURS, as inet connection here is twice is 1mb compared to 512 at home

Hmmm... Bizzare, I dunnno. Never played with Cedga or anything like that so I can't really help you...
    Nothing is worse than ten penguins fighting over which is better, vi or emacs.
    Registered Linux User #404402
    Finally I'm back on LF after a long while.

Just Joined!
    i cant play americas army either. all was fine while we we ran linux redhat 6.1 please help