Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I just installed Mandrake 8.1 on my machine. I have a cable internet connection through a Netgear FA311 ethernet card. Everything in linux works fine, but when I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Locks up on "Shutting down interface eth0"

Hello all,
    I just installed Mandrake 8.1 on my machine. I have a cable internet connection through a Netgear FA311 ethernet card. Everything in linux works fine, but when I shutdown it hangs on "Shutting Down Interface eth0". I have absolutely no idea what to do about this and would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this problem.

Just Joined!

Ethernet

Mandrake 8.1?!?!? That distro is a museum piece...Do yourself a favor and grab the latest Distro off of Mandriva's servers....There's been a hell of a lot of changes since 8.1.
    The latest version should resolve your problem

Just Joined!
    The reason I'm using 8.1 is because it is on an older machine and the partition size is 3.5 GB. I figured a higher version would run very slowly and need more disk space.

Just Joined!
    I went ahead and installed Mandrake 9.0. Not the latest by any stretch of the imagination, but it works on the limited partition size and solved my problem.