Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have like 3 themes for bootsplash with is that sorta thing that lilo has like this picture . But I have no idea how to install them? I get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

- Bootsplash -

I have like 3 themes for bootsplash with is that sorta thing that lilo has like this picture. But I have no idea how to install them? I get them from kde-look.org and they have 2 dirs in the zipfiles, config and images

Just Joined!

Re: - Bootsplash -

Quote Originally Posted by Claude
    I have like 3 themes for bootsplash with is that sorta thing that lilo has like this picture. But I have no idea how to install them? I get them from kde-look.org and they have 2 dirs in the zipfiles, config and images
    Hi, go to RPM & do a search for "bootsplash" & pick the one for your version. Once downloaded install it using MMC (if you have all repositories setup then as root you could do a "urpmi bootsplash". After bootsplash has installed you then need to copy the files you downloaded from KDE to "/etc/bootsplash/themes" as root. Make sure the permissions are correct
    Code:
    drwxr-xr-x   4 root root 4096 Nov  5 04:04 fingerprint-bs
    . Once this is done you then need to do "lilo -v" as root. When you next reboot you should see the new bootsplash. Sorry if this overload for you, but this is how i did it & there are other ways to do this as well. So if anyone esle knows of an easier way please chip in...

HTH

Linux Engineer
    This is no bootsplash, this is a lilo boot screen. A boot splash appears when linux is starting up (instead of displaying everything it's doing).
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    This is no bootsplash, this is a lilo boot screen. A boot splash appears when linux is starting up (instead of displaying everything it's doing).
    hmm... maybe the term im using is incorrect but there are two things happen upon boot. 1st you get the lilo screen which can be changed (the file being message-graphic in the boot folder & yes I have changed this) then there is a bootsplash which hides the boot info or not depending if you hit "esc" or not (yes I have changed this as well). Then finally you have a splash screen.... so im not sure what your on about... & the file that the poster has downloaded is indeed a bootsplash..

Linux Engineer
    If you look at the link of the TS, it is a lilo splash screen. So I think that's the one he's trying to change. Yes, all those terms...
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **