Find the answer to your Linux question:
Very basic question I'm afraid but I've only been trying this Linux lark for 3 or 4 weeks. I need to issue the command "LinNeighborhood -m" on start-up of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Startup script for LinNeighborhood

Very basic question I'm afraid but I've only been trying this Linux lark for 3 or 4 weeks.

I need to issue the command "LinNeighborhood -m" on start-up of the machine. How and where do I do this?

Thanks!

Nosher

Just Joined!

Re: Startup script for LinNeighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Nosher
    Very basic question I'm afraid but I've only been trying this Linux lark for 3 or 4 weeks.

I need to issue the command "LinNeighborhood -m" on start-up of the machine. How and where do I do this?

Thanks!

Nosher
    Hi,

what I did was to create a file called LinNeighborhood (original ) & entered the following text
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

LinNeighborhood -m
    I then entered the following command in a terminal window
    Code:
    chmod 777 LinNeighborhood
    maybe chmod 770 would suffice.. not sure though (make sure that you are in the same folder as the LinNeighborhood file. Once I did this I then moved the file to the following "/home/user1/.kde/Autostart" & now when my session starts all my mounts have been restored.

HTH

Hello JaRaEeZ!

Brilliant! I'd just spent the previous half hour finding out how to actually write a script which involved (as always) getting "Hello World" to come up on the screen, tried your tip and it works a treat! Thank you for the swift reply.

Regards

Nosher