Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey I'm new to both the linux community as well as these forums. My problem consists of having both my onboard sound and creative live! soundcard being installed. The onboard ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstalling Hardware in Linux

Hey I'm new to both the linux community as well as these forums. My problem consists of having both my onboard sound and creative live! soundcard being installed. The onboard is I guess the default as sound will only come out when plugged in to it. My question is how do you uninstall hardware in linux so that I can resolve this issue. Before you suggest disabling the onboard in bios, I have already done this and since I've done this I'm really confused as to how linux can see my onboard sound when technically it doesn't have any resources assigned to it. Anyways any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Motherboard: Biostar M7VKD
    Onboard Sound: AC'97
    PCI Soundcard: Creative Live!
    Linux: Mandriva 2006 RC2

i had a setting in the bios that let me disable the onboard sound so that i could use my sound blaster live. you might check that.
    Desktop: Dual Xeon 2.8 GHz 1.5 GB RAM Ubuntu/XP Pro
    Laptop: Macbook 2 GHz C2Duo 3 GB RAM OS X/ Ubuntu/ XP Pro
    Linux Registration #396559

Go 'Stros!

Just Joined!

sound card

In order to avoid Hardware conflicts disable the onboard sound card from your BIOS.
    Mandriva should auto detect the change on boot

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close