Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI I have installed mandrake 2005 limited edition specially for programming SO I need man pages badly to complete my assignments but there are very few man pages here compared ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

regarding problem of man in mandriva 2005

HI
    I have installed mandrake 2005 limited edition specially for programming
    SO I need man pages badly to complete my assignments but there are very few man pages here compared to man in fedora(in lab) how could i get total man pages working.I am not quiet femmiliar with linux so please do help me

Try adding yourself to the "man" group in Mandriva, iirc it is the only way to get full access to the man pages in Mandriva. From memory, the way you do this is in the MCC goto the user setup tool -> gruops and add yourself there (thats the way I did it in MDK 10.1)

Otherwise, do a google search for "man whatever" and the first few results usually will be what you are looking for.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    I haven't fully understood what u have said but i have verified in root mode also it is not able to find man pages for many of the functions which i will find without no problem in previous versions of mandrake in friends commp and iin fedora in lab.After all this

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You said you can find the man pages for those functions in your friend's computer right? It may just be you haven't installed some document packages. So launch the MCC's add/remove software tool, hunt around for documentation and install them.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.