Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Re: Mandrake 9.0 Can only boot in nonfb, normal boot causes a hang - black screen with the only activity being the caps lock and scroll lock lights ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can only boot in nonfb

Hi all,

Re: Mandrake 9.0

Can only boot in nonfb, normal boot causes a hang - black screen with the only activity being the caps lock and scroll lock lights on my keyboard flashing!?

Any ideas? I tried to do a re-install but when booting from cd the same problem occured.

I'd love to get it sorted for the arrival of my new ethernet modem.

Any help appreciated,

Peace,

Mike

This is just my personal opinion, but I would seriously try to find a more up-to-date version of Mandriva. Everything after version 10 is okay, but preferably use 2006: the boot time is faster and hardware support is better.

I couldn't even get some of those ver. 9.* Mandrake distros to install ... It might be a pain to get a more recent version, but worth it to avoid disappointment.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Thanks Fingal,

since posting the question, I just ordered a copy of Mandriva 2006! So your opinion is a welcome assertion that I did the right thing!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by micmac303
    Thanks Fingal,

since posting the question, I just ordered a copy of Mandriva 2006! So your opinion is a welcome assertion that I did the right thing!

Mike
    That's good! I think you'll like this distro ... My feeling is that its reached maturity with 2006.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso