Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hey didnt work mate, but divx6 movies are working, thats great, ' what is the urpmq command, is it short for somehing or, i was reading other websites and was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hey didnt work mate, but divx6 movies are working, thats great,
    '

what is the urpmq command, is it short for somehing or, i was reading other websites and was geting a gtk or something error

and again man thank you so much, lol, wish i can msn u all day loll, hahah kinding pal

Linux Newbie

MandrakeUpdate

urpmq is a variation of urpmi, urpmi installs packages, urpme uninstalls packages, and urpmq shows packages with the given text in their name. Does it just say those packages don't exist? Have you ran the package updater? Application menu>system>configuration>packaging>MandrakeLinux Update. You may need some updated versions of some of your packages and this should fix it if you haven't already done this. I have to head to bed for right now though so I probably won't be available for a little while.

Linux Newbie
    If all else fails and you can't find it then just open the package installer gui by clicking application menu>system>configuration>packaging>install software
    Then just type in the search terms "win32" "real" and "libdvdcss" and it will show all of the packages as well as let you click them to see detailed information in the pane to the right. Make sure you do the software updates before you do this though. The command line is just a lot quicker and avoids some of the occaisional conflicts encountered by using the mass search system in the gui, plus it's necessary to use the command line up until where you are at now anyway. (sometimes you'll mistakenly click two different versions of the same package and have a conflict)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast crashandburn0420's Avatar
    use xmmplayer plugin for xmms

Just Joined!
    linuxuser40351

thank you so much man

sorry about the late reply been really busy

Kaffeine & totem issue

Hi all,

I had installed madrake community 10.1 yesterday. The issue is with watching movies on this operating system. I get to hear clear sound but with no picture !!!! let me know what the problem could be and how to rectify it .

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2