Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have dual boot mandriva 2006 and xp, I have now got wanadoo wireless and talk broadband 54.0mbps it works on xp but I have not been able to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Modem?router/firewall

I have dual boot mandriva 2006 and xp, I have now got wanadoo wireless and talk broadband 54.0mbps it works on xp but I have not been able to get the speedtouch modem working on linux. I would like to get a new modem/router/firewall which is recognised and easy to setup by linux as I am fairly new to linux but would love to use it on the internet.
    I live in the uk and would buy online if I new what to get!!!

Hello - I use a D-Link modem/router with onboard firewall. They're not mega expensive. The model number is DSL-504T.

I'm using it to log on from home now, so you know it works!

Surprise!
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Hello - I use a D-Link modem/router with onboard firewall. They're not mega expensive. The model number is DSL-504T.

Surprise!
    Thanks that looks quite good, is it easy enough to setup. I would like to set it up wireless instead of ethernet as my phone line is a long way from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine13
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal

Surprise!
    Thanks that looks quite good, is it easy enough to setup. I would like to set it up wireless instead of ethernet as my phone line is a long way from the computer.
    Well for that you would need the wireless model (which looks very similar except for an arial attached to one side). Not sure about wireless setups ... Is there a wireless expert in the house? To be honest I had a few problems setting mine up, but now it's working it doesn't need touching. I just boot up and she's ready to go.

Don't try and set the router's firewall up using Konqueror though ... It doesn't like that.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso