Find the answer to your Linux question:
now that i have my basic components for my kde desktop operational.. i need a sweet ass look for it also .. so what im doing is inquiring about maybe ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KDE is lookin kinda crappy..

now that i have my basic components for my kde desktop operational.. i need a sweet ass look for it also .. so what im doing is inquiring about maybe how you people might do some work for me if you have the spair time.. what i need is some

* wicked icons
    *wicked backround
    *wicked .png panel skins

let it be known that i have every intention of helping you guys as well..
    right now im at a loss.. please include direct URLs to the places where i might run on to these "pieces"

thanks in advance

dave

I like Everaldo's icons. You can get those from 'ere. You can find some other nice stuff from here. Then there's always Freshmeat.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

www.kde-look.org is your best bet (referenced by fingal). They have loads of stuff in all kinds of categories.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Just Joined!
    I know this problem, it looks awful. I have seen this twice on two older computers. The solution is very simple

Change the video settings of your screen to a lower value .
    Your settings for your screen is problably now: 16 millions collers (24bits).
    This is to high for your computer and this was the reason on my older laptop and a older computer of a friend.

Changing the screen settings to a lower video screen setting than 16 millions collers (24bits) solves the problem. After a reboot the collors, icons screens where fine. This problem did nog occur with Mandriva 2005LE but only on Mandriva 2006 (i586) on both mentiod computers.

I think this will be the case with your computet too.

Hans