Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Download manager

I seem to be having problems with the Epiphany download manager. I`ve just installed Mandiva 10 on my PC

I`m trying to download a package from the internet of approx 140mb, and using the download manager from the browser I select to save the compressed into my home directory. However, every time the download gets to 100% and apparantly completes there is nothing there.

I`v searched through the home directory for the file but nothing. God knows what is going on, but it`s probably something stupid I`m doing!!

I`ve tried twice now but appear to be wasting my time. Even though the download manager gets to 100%, there is no file.

Linux Enthusiast
    If you know where the file is located on the server from which you are downloading, then you can try dowloading it with wget:
    cd /home/your-user-name

Have you tried searching for the file? Try (as root):
    find / -name <program name>
    slocate <program name>
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

4. $spacer_open
    I tried searching through both the user and through root yet the file could not be found. I gave up on the Epiphany download manager because I must have tried three times. In the end I installed Mozilla and had no more problems.