Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Oh man, what fun trying to install these!! It now says I need to install disk 4, well I only have 3 disks for the Mandrake 10 install I don`t ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Oh man, what fun trying to install these!! It now says I need to install disk 4, well I only have 3 disks for the Mandrake 10 install I don`t think I`ll ever get this rpm installed!!

Just Joined!
    Now it`s becoming annoying!! I install ash-0.3.8-6mdk which went ok. Thinking I`m good to go, I now find I need to install ash-0.3.8-7mdk which is needed., and I have no doubt I`ll need to install something else after

Heck, this is going to take all freakin night to get one application running. Is there something I can do, to save spending the whole night searching for rpms, installing them and finding something else is needed?

I`ve lost interest in trying to run this application now, which was the primary reason for installing linux!!

Ah, but thats the problem with dependancy hell, and hence the reason why programs such as urpmi exist. The thing that urpmi does for you is that, it looks for the rpms, then if the rpms have dependancies, it goes and looks for dependancies. Do not give up yet, I know how frustrating it ca, but stick with it.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Yeah, I`ll take a break

Problem is, urpmi keeps asking me for a disk 4. I only had three disks with the Mandriva 10 ISO downloads.

Is there a fourth one?

There is a 4th disk, but that is available onlyto those who paid retail for Mandrke. Now, if you go back through my posts, I have posted a link to a site which shows you how to add various Mandriva ftp mirrors as installation sources. Do set it up and it then might not keep asking for the 4th cd.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Hi, I feel your pain. What I did was created a folder named rpms in my local directory then added this to the repository through the control panel as a local source. Then when I really have to I will go to http://rpm.pbone.net download what I need throw it in the rpms folder, do an update on that folder then do a urpmi...

HTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2