Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im quite new to linux, but thought I was learning somert! but this has got me stumped! I am trying to upgrade my Harddrake and Drakxtools to the newest releases ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Harddrake and Drakxtools (new updates) Freeze URMPI

Im quite new to linux, but thought I was learning somert! but this has got me stumped!

I am trying to upgrade my Harddrake and Drakxtools to the newest releases (10.3-0.64.3) on Mandriva 2006 Free.

Everytime i even select the files on the GUI install package thing, it freezes the program and I have to CTRL+ALT+ESC it to kill it off. and if i try superuser, and urmpi harddrake, it locks up the konsole. all i want is to install it but am having ANNOYING problems.

I even tryed downloading all the seperate RPM's thinking that it was a problem with the downloading, but they still freeze up the urmpi installer when i try to install them in any order (i.e. ignoring the depencies).
    If i follow the depencies (i.e. do Drakxtools-backend) first (as instructed) it does nothing when i press install!

Some one help and tell me a) how do i fix this. and b) have i done any serious damage to my pc with rebooting it when the urmpi is locked?

PLEASE HELP a Newbie

Just Joined!
    friendly bump

What do you mean by "freeze" ? Could it be that you didn't wait long enough ?

On one occasion, it took 90 seconds for the MCC to install a software through URPMI, not counting the bloody wait minute after an install for the software to rebuild the RPM list...
    Maybe you just didn't wait enough ?

Just Joined!
    I have waited for 30 mins and still no change, I have even done it through command on telinit 3 and just sits there doing nothing

I'm sure it does not change much upgrading, but im one of those people who like to be the most upto date!

PLEASE help!

Weird.
    A possible solution would be to deinstall the urpmi tools and their possible perl dependancies, and then reinstall it. Before even the urpmi command, there's the rpm command.
    But for that I can't help you, I haven't used that yet ^^;;

Just Joined!
    So completly uninstall URPMI ? or u mean harddrake?

dont wanna mess up the install of Mandriva, just got it nice !