Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, im running mandrake 10.1 on a pentium 3 campaq. I had to build in a external netcard. The computer recocnizes the netcard but i cant go on the internet. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet Doesnet work!

Hi,

im running mandrake 10.1 on a pentium 3 campaq. I had to build in a external netcard. The computer recocnizes the netcard but i cant go on the internet.

What should I do?

P.s this is the first time i use mandrake!

Hi - How are you trying to connect? Do you have a dial-up or a broadband account?

Are you using a router? Wireless or wired?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Im using this new tecle nology called Wimax and its this thing that you put up and its kind of like UMTS except the signal comes from somewhere around your city. To this this you connect a network cab plug it in to you computer and it should work (it workes when i connect it to my Win Xp). The speed is aroun 128 kps. ANd i dont need any type of pass to connect to internet.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Have you tried using a newer version of Mandriva? Newer versions probably have better hardware support. 2006 is a little more user friendly than 10.1, I've used them both.

Linux Engineer
    Can you open a terminal and type lsmod, and post the output here? So we can check if the appropriate driver is loaded.

And please give us the make and model of your NIC. If you had to buy a new one it shouldn't be that hard to find out .
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

Just Joined!
    ipconfig /flushdns

hahahahah