Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello people long time no see.. here is my problem, i hope you can help me... i have allways used debian based distros because of the apt and stuff... yesterday ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firewall and p2p

hello people long time no see..

here is my problem, i hope you can help me... i have allways used debian based distros because of the apt and stuff... yesterday i installed mandriva 2006 free (i havent used it since mandrake 9.0 when i first met linux)... so i switched because of urpmi, i wanted to try it out... i installed it perfectly... i conigured some mirrors usin easy urpmi website... then i installed gtk-gnutella that i have allways used an qtella to try it out... but suddenly neither would connect to gnutella network... i found out that the firewall wouldnt let me do that... so the question is: what do i have to do to "unlock" then without deactivating my firewall?

thanks ...

Just Joined!
    you can set your firewall to bypass those connections. Thats really all i can think of. sorry.

Just Joined!
    if you know what port does your p2psoftware uses, that port should be allowed in your firewall

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Question p2p doesnt work..

hi everyone..
    i have a problem with p2p connectios, they simply dont work..because im in a wireless area and the network provider is somehow blocking p2p connections. ive tryed to change port many times and it worked, but seconds later was gone again, "knocked down" i think, im wondering if is there a program or something to cheat this "protection"..
    thanks and excuse my bad english