Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, im a noob really new to linux so i started with mandrake. SOmeone told me that there is an ftp server built in. I serached all over google and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Ftp Server Setup

Hi,

im a noob really new to linux so i started with mandrake. SOmeone told me that there is an ftp server built in. I serached all over google and yahoo. Im running Manrake 10.1 with gnome 2.4 on an old compaq. Help meplz

Banned
    use urpmi to get ftpd

Just Joined!
    Read my post in this thread for a little help with URPMI if you havent used it before

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/top...tml&highlight=

Alternatively you could use the GUI client under Mandriva Control center. Look under there for software install. I dont use it so I cant remeber all the details.

URPMI from the command line with propoerly configured repositories is the best way to go though IMHO.

You could test this by doing what the_guy_dressed_in_black said,

as root (su from command prompt and enter root passwd) type

urpmi ftpd

if you have nothing configured but the CDS it should ask you to insert a CD and it will take care of it.

If you are on a server you could try webmin to manage the ftp server for you.

good luck!

Just Joined!
    Thank You soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mych§!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !1