Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have Mandrake 10 (Official) installed. I am unable to start remote X applications inspite of having done "xhost +" locally and having set the DISPLAY variable correctly on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy unable to start remote X apps

Hi,

I have Mandrake 10 (Official) installed. I am unable to start remote X applications inspite of having done "xhost +" locally and having set the DISPLAY variable correctly on the remote side.

I had faced similar problem on FC3 a year back, and I was able to get around this by setting DisallowTCP in gdm.conf, but I don't find this config file anywhere on my Mandrake installation.

Any help appreciated.

thanks,
    bd

Just Joined!

Same problem with Mandriva Limited 2005

I did have the same problem. I have an old PC with the Debian distribution (as I wasn't able to install Mandriva on a computer with 64 MB RAM). I tried to use this computer as an X Terminal with my more recent Mandriva desktop as server, but this failed. Connecting to my server was no problem, but when I started X the login screen didn't appear at all. The grey screen with the X-cursor dit. When is stopped X, I could read all kinds of error messages.