Find the answer to your Linux question:
I do a lot of script installations and web programming. Downloaded scripts (vbulletin, modernbill, etc...) come in an archived format (usually zip files). If I right click on an archive, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Right click, archive/unarchive...plus more questions

I do a lot of script installations and web programming. Downloaded scripts (vbulletin, modernbill, etc...) come in an archived format (usually zip files). If I right click on an archive, there is an option to 'Unarchive'. If clicked, nothing happens (I have to go to Konsole and unzip -d) If I click on a file, or group of files, there is an option to archive. Again here, nothing happens. Just wondering what I can do to make these options either work, or disappear.

Also wondering how to enable autoplay of CDs and DVDs. Possible?

Also, I changed fstab to mount my drives with the following:

Code:
    /dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c ntfs umask=0,nls=iso8859-1,rw 0 0
    /dev/hdb1 /mnt/win_c2 ntfs umask=0,nls=iso8859-1,rw 0 0
    It was defaulted to ro so I changed it to rw in the hopes that I'd be able to write to these drives (one is a huge storage drive...right now I can only read from it).

Any help is much appreciated
    Kevin

Just Joined!
    OK, figured out my mount problem. Resized NTFS partition and used leftover space to make a new partition. Copied data from NTFS to newly made FAT32 partition, formatted NTFS partition, resized FAT32 to take up space. All better Still wondering about auto play and archiving though.
    Kevin