Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay I found this webpage (which I forgot to bookmark) which nicely layed out several steps which I followed with success. - download intel ACPI compiler - extract your systems ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DSDT ACPI Decompile/Recompile/Insert

Okay I found this webpage (which I forgot to bookmark) which nicely layed out several steps which I followed with success.

- download intel ACPI compiler
    - extract your systems DSDT file
    - decompile the DSDT file
    - recompile the DSDT file to see the errors
    - fix the errors
    - recompile agains until it is error free

These pages I found which outlines these steps (I found several but lost em all LoL) just fine however they stop right there. They do not explain how I can inject this new DSDT files into the kernel so Mandriva has a chance of recognizing my laptop battery.

Anyone have a link to a page which describes this?
    Anyone care to explain how I can inject this file into the kernel? (initrd or something I dunno... this is new to me)

Em I on the right path to getting my Mandriva 2006 system to recognizing my laptop has a battery?

Thanks,
    Halsafar

Just Joined!
    Maybe some help on how to get Mandriva to see my battery?

If I run off battery it plainly says "No Battery Found", however it is obviously getting juice...

This leads me to other problems, power management. Mandriva doesn't see a battery, its just running full power all the time, drains the battery like 3x faster than Windows XP does...

CPU Throttling, Suspend -- two things I really WANT.

Any help?