Find the answer to your Linux question:
ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...o/2006.0/i586/ from that site, which do i download to install mandriva 2006???? thanks...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Which do i Download???

ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...o/2006.0/i586/

from that site, which do i download to install mandriva 2006????

thanks

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ke1thb_00
    ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/m...o/2006.0/i586/

from that site, which do i download to install mandriva 2006????

thanks
    Depends on what you're running (32bit vs. 64bit), which release you want (2006 vs. 2006 lite, etc), and if you want to do it by cd or dvd

Go to http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/en/community/ and click "download" in the quick links to the left.

Scroll down and click on the "Free" section link "FTP Mirrors" (or, join the club and buy the club versions).

Scroll down to "Mandriva Linux 2006 CD & DVD ISO images for i586 and x86_64". This is most likely what you'll want. The next section below that is for downloading just the tree (raw files) and then previous and alt releases are below that.

So, if you want the latest version of Manrdiva and you want to install from a cd/dvd, click the link in that section "Mirrors for Mandriva Linux 2006 CD & DVD ISO images for i586 and x86_64".

Now, from the page of mirrors, there are two sections - 32bit and 64bit. If your computer has a 64 bit processor, scroll down to that section. If not, find the link w/ a location that's the closest to you.

Now, from the link you posted above, I'm assuming you already figured all of this out and you're looking at the list of files. But just in case...

So, now decide if you want to do the install by burning 3 cds or 1 dvd (same info, dvds are just more convienent. If you want the cds, download the the links "Mandriva-Linux-Free-2006-CD1.i586.iso", "...-CD2.i586.iso" and "...-CD3.i586.iso". Then burn those to three cds, stick cd1 in your cdrom and reboot. Or, download "Mandriva-Linux-Free-2006-DVD.i586.iso" and burn a dvd, stick it in the dvdrom and reboot.

The rest of the files are things like lists of all of the files, and the checksum -- these are just to help you verify that you got everything when you downloaded the file. The vast vast majority of the time, you don't need to worry about this. And you definetly don't need them to download the iso and burn them to a disc.

Probably a lot more than you were looking for, but figured I'd make sure..