Find the answer to your Linux question:
while i was installing mandriva 2006 , the installation program failed to go in grafical mode?! but then after i have finished instaling in text mode, he failed to detect ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem with installing and after

while i was installing mandriva 2006 , the installation program failed to go in grafical mode?! but then after i have finished instaling in text mode, he failed to detect my grafical setting...so i tried to make it with hand using Xdrake..
    the error mesage speaks about failling to read memory range,ring flash..

i have installed all mandrake series painlessly,and even mandriva 2005..all was ok..
    i have built in grafic card..use intel chipest 810..
    can anyone tell me what and how to solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by deepinlife
    while i was installing mandriva 2006 , the installation program failed to go in grafical mode?! but then after i have finished instaling in text mode, he failed to detect my grafical setting...so i tried to make it with hand using Xdrake..
    the error mesage speaks about failling to read memory range,ring flash..

i have installed all mandrake series painlessly,and even mandriva 2005..all was ok..
    i have built in grafic card..use intel chipest 810..
    can anyone tell me what and how to solve this problem?
    Hum? Not sure. I'd suggest that you just do a re-install and then make sure that the display is working OK when you get to the installation summary part - hit the configure button and follow the instructions.

Sorry if that's not much help - my only involvement with i810 chipsets is my onboard sound - that was a pain to set up so I installed a seperate sound card and disabled the i810 at the bios, I haven't had any problems since.

regards

John

Just Joined!
    i have reinstalled it alot of times...i have tried xorgconf and xdrakeconf....
    but i just didn't know what is wrong..
    well anyway thx for the advice..and very bad to know that u have get rid of problems by getting rid of teh hardware..i can't just think about me making the same..it will be so bad for me to do that..:d

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by deepinlife
    i have reinstalled it alot of times...i have tried xorgconf and xdrakeconf....
    but i just didn't know what is wrong..
    well anyway thx for the advice..and very bad to know that u have get rid of problems by getting rid of teh hardware..i can't just think about me making the same..it will be so bad for me to do that..:d
    Have you thought about getting a current version of knoppix burned to disc and trying that ?

Because one of the ways of sorting a problem with displays and X that I seem to recall from a while back, was to boot the knoppix and when that booted OK, I just copied the xorg.conf to a floppy and then rebooted back into whatever it was that I was battling with and copying the whole of the xorg.conf that was copied from knoppix to the version on my hard drive - my efforts with debian come to mind, but it was a good while ago.

Or maybe better, kanotix. It's apparently, a more polished version of knoppix, that can be used as a liveCD version, but it's equally intended for hard drive installation. Also, where knoppix uses mainly knoppix specific mirrors/repositories, kanotix used "proper" debian ones. I understand that it's very up to date.

Maybe worth a try, because if knoppix or kanotix can autoconfigure your hardware OK, then it means that it's working properly and is configurable under linux.

regards

John