Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone! I am trying to install Mandriva Powerpack 2006 on a 80gb SATA drive. I have drivers on a floppy for it, but I dont know how to point ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mandriva 2006 SATA DRIVER PROBLEMS

Hello everyone!
    I am trying to install Mandriva Powerpack 2006 on a 80gb SATA drive.
    I have drivers on a floppy for it, but I dont know how to point the install to them. It searches automatically but cannot find appropriate drivers. I am going to do the whole dual boot config. Let me know! Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks,
    NP

What errors are you getting? What SATA chipset does your motherboard use? Do you have RAID configured? I had no trouble getting Mandriva 2006 installed on my 80GB SATA drive, and I didn't need to install any drivers.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

I am having problems, too

It seems like every time I change motherboards, I have a problem finding the drivers. Currently, I have a Via SATA RAID controller, and the installation CD identifies the controller, and says it is installing drivers, then says drivers not found, and no hard drives found on the computer. I have two hard drives installed, a 250 Gig and a 160 Gig. Looks like I am back to Windows XP until I can find the drivers. I had just recently been able to get Linux to install through the ITE RAID card in my previous motherboard.

If your drives are set up in a RAID configuration, that's more than likely your problem.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Not set up in a RAID configuration, just as JBOD. I think the problem is finding Linux drivers for the motherboard. That was the problem with my two previous boards....about the time Linux drivers became available, I was upgrading, so have to run Linux on my old computer, but not the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by jdarel
    Not set up in a RAID configuration, just as JBOD. I think the problem is finding Linux drivers for the motherboard. That was the problem with my two previous boards....about the time Linux drivers became available, I was upgrading, so have to run Linux on my old computer, but not the new one.
    Well, best of luck. I find it odd that you'd need drivers, since the last 2 motherboards I've owned (an ASUS K8V-X, and an MSI K8T Neo-FSR, both VIA chipsets) did not need any special drivers for SATA in Linux. (They did in MS Windows, interestingly enough.)
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants