Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am trying to connect my Creative Zen Sleek to Linux, I have installed the libnjb and kzenexplorer, but after connecting the device, kzenexplorer reports that is could find ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Connective Creative Zen to Linux

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Creative Zen Sleek to Linux, I have installed the libnjb and kzenexplorer, but after connecting the device, kzenexplorer reports that is could find no jukeboxes.

I have run lsusb in konsole and it see the device (see entry below)

can anyone please help.

Gavin,

lsusb entry
    Bus 005 Device 009: ID 041e:4136 Creative Technology, Ltd

Can't say for certain Gavin, but I understand that it depends on the hardware and distro whether it's "just there" or whether it has to be mounted or not.

I'm guessing, but it may be that it needs to have an entry in the fstab and possibly/probably automount setup for it so that as soon as you plug it in, it's mounted and you can do what you want.

Personally, I cheated. I bought a Rio Karma about 6 months ago, not only does it support Ogg's, but also FLAC format - but better still, the charging/connecting cradle also supports ethernet so I just have to plug it in, and fire up the java app that I downloaded from the Rio site and can do nearly everything that it can do under windows with the proprietary software!

It might be worth searching around too see how people are connecting Ipods to linux boxes - it could easily be the same method.

Sorry my answer is a bit vague, but maybe it helps a little or at least points you in the right direction.

regards

John