Find the answer to your Linux question:
If I install new packages from Synaptic, then everything works perfectly fine. But not every package is available from the online repositories, and when I download a .rpm package and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

.rpm freezes in PCLinuxOS

If I install new packages from Synaptic, then everything works perfectly fine. But not every package is available from the online repositories, and when I download a .rpm package and click on it, KDE rpm packet manager simply freezes. After I click button x to exit, the rpm file appears and if I click install, it freezes again. This freezing is not like it stops responding, but it just opens and does nothing.

I first thought that this rpm is maybe not for my distro, but when I go to folder where Synaptic downloads rpm packages specially compiled for PCLinuxOS and click on them, the same thing happens.

Does anyone knows what is the problem here?

It seems that the problem is in KPackage. When I open it and want to do a command APT-GET/Update, the program freeezes. Is it possible that it is in some kind of colision with Synaptic??? I remember that this program worked perfectly on my old Debian.

Try installing the RPM from the command line. As root, type:
    Code:
    rpm -ihv <rpm_name>
    Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.