Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using a lot of tiny and big gtk+ apps during my work. They include Eclipse, gphpedit, Scite, gedit, grdesktop,gqview etc. Each time I launch an app they hang ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva gtk+ apps start hangs

I am using a lot of tiny and big gtk+ apps during my work. They include Eclipse, gphpedit, Scite, gedit, grdesktop,gqview etc. Each time I launch an app they hang for 3 seconds after loading just before they start-up. Since I am using a lot of apps, launching closing and all, this is giving me a really bad taste. Everying is working smooth and very happy with mandriva on my laptop. Even ndiswrapper using my wlan driver works all good. Please help me I've been everywhere seeking help IRC and all.. Please don't blame me if you've seen this before ... Hehe 4am in the morning goodness again by the way Mandriva 2006 and a couple of Cooker rpms. But I have checked gtk related rpms and they are equivalent to regular update rpms...

What hangs? The currently running programs? Or do you mean that it takes 3 seconds for the new program to start? If so, you might want to switch to a less proc-intensive desktop, like, say, Fluxbox or Enlightenment.