Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am in the process of writing a small program which emulates a timer. I'm having real trouble working out how to set the timer and letting it run ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Shutdown Source Code

Hello, I am in the process of writing a small program which emulates a timer. I'm having real trouble working out how to set the timer and letting it run for x number of seconds. When I use shutdown, I notice that the user is able to specify a time period before the computer is shutdown.

What I want to do is look at the source code for shutdown and see how they've done it. So the question is: Where can I find the source code for the Linux shutdown command?

Does this help at all? http://www.ae.iitm.ac.in/pipermail/i...er/013915.html After all Mandriva is also rpm based, so perhaps the approach is the same.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

Thanks

Hello,

I did what it said in the mailing list entry and succeeded in getting the source code for shutdown.

Thanks for the quick response.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by magic_ghost
    Hello,

I did what it said in the mailing list entry and succeeded in getting the source code for shutdown.

Thanks for the quick response.
    I aim to please - Happy coding!
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso