Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I seem to have a problem with my Hauppauge Nova-t pci card and Mandriva 2006. If I try and do a channel scan in kdetv it races through and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hauppauge Nova-t pci

Hi,
    I seem to have a problem with my Hauppauge Nova-t pci card and Mandriva 2006.
    If I try and do a channel scan in kdetv it races through and finds 104 channels but there is never any picture or sound.

If I try and do a chennel scan with Menu -> System -> Configuration -> Configure your computer -> Hardware -> Setup Tv Cards I always get a "There was an error scanning for channels" message.

If I try and scan with scantv on the command line I get an Invalid input : television....Valid input : DVB is this related to the problem ?

Many Thanks,
    Ian.

The TV card works correctly in WinXP

I'm only starting up with this, but have you got a /dev/video or /dev/video0 file? If you do, try to
    Code:
    cat /dev/video0 > ~/test.mpg
    Let this run for a minute and then see if there is anything in that file in your home directory. Best try this as root first (su -). If you get any errors post back here.

Just Joined!
    when I run the command I get a "no such file or directory error". In the dev directory there is a "video@" file.

Just Joined!
    Ah...ok got the command to run and it produced a test.mpg file 300mb in size. No errors but the file is zero in play time length.