Find the answer to your Linux question:
im getting this thing every time i login http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4504/screen011kz.jpg the thing pops up several times and i close them all after exiting some of the daemon things runing it stops... ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Crash error

im getting this thing every time i login

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4504/screen011kz.jpg

the thing pops up several times and i close them all after exiting some of the daemon things runing it stops...

how can i fix this?

Just Joined!

KDE problem

it seems that KDE itself is crashing. What version of Mandreva/Mandrake are you using? What version of KDE?

Have you tried using a different destop manager (ie/ Gnome) to see if the problem persists?

Lol, no it's not the whole of KDE crashing, but most likely a bug in that one daemon.

trich is right though: we'll need to know different versions of things, and there's no harm at all in using another desktop environment. I wouldn't be surprised if you're using an earlier version of Mandriva.

I would also suggest a Google search (or in these forums) to see if anyone has had the same problem. Good luck.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    im using mandriva 2006, i found out that its the program called "KAT" that crashes, it keeps appearing beside the clock and disappearing, each time spamming one of those windows, if i struggle with it alittle i can close the program and everything is fine.

if i try to run KAT again it will give the crash error again.. this has happened other times too when ive installed mandriva on another computer.

Ahhh yes, I've heard about that one. It's a desktop search programme and as buggy as hell. Do yourself a favour and get rid of it. If you search around I'm sure you'll find some other threads with the same conclusion.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Ahhh yes, I've heard about that one. It's a desktop search programme and as buggy as hell. Do yourself a favour and get rid of it. If you search around I'm sure you'll find some other threads with the same conclusion.
    Thanks, one problem out of my world then..