Find the answer to your Linux question:
I being relititvly new to linux after installing madriva 2006 dvd, did some updating bug fixes, updates, & security, I only have dialup connection to internet so I only did ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question update problem

I being relititvly new to linux after installing madriva 2006 dvd, did some updating bug fixes, updates, & security, I only have dialup connection to internet so I only did a small amount of fixes at a time. Some how I have messed up the settings and now when i try to update and the machine checks "headlist" ? it comes back and says there are no updates availble.
    what are the things I could check to see what I have messed up. any help is greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to reinstall and start all over. Thanks in advance.

Open your apt package manager and under options you'll see list of .rpm repositories. MAybe you just unchecked rpm sites (let's hope so). If you deleted all rpm sites, then you'll have to find them on the net and copy them back.

I think it is looking for hdlist.cz If the server doesn't have it or it is corrupted, then try a different server. See this site to see the location of the nearest servers.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close