Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have in a little LAN a Windows 2003 DHCP Server the other client computers have Windows XP pro. however, I want to include a computer with Mandriva Linux in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A LAN with a windows DHCP server and a client Linux Mandriva

I have in a little LAN a Windows 2003 DHCP Server the other client computers have Windows XP pro. however, I want to include a computer with Mandriva Linux in this LAN to share info and to connect this computer to internet. How can I do it?

I have already installed the samba-client-3.0.13-2mdk but I don't really know how to configure it.

Linux Newbie
    To access shared folders on other PCs you need to use "smb4k". Up at the top click the "mount manually" icon and put all of the info for the shared folder you want to mount. This makes it a mount point so that you can always access it until you unmount it. Here's a screenie of the how the info should look:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45...hots/smb4k.jpg
    You should also be able to (assuming you use KDE) browse to shared folders using Konqueror by browsing to:

samba://ipaddresshere

That should show all available folders and printers like you would see when using the Windows:

run>\\location

To share folders you need to make sure that the proper ports are opened up on your Mandrake/Mandriva firewall. I can't remember right off the top of my head but you can get the Windows file sharing port numbers from the Windows firewall configuration. Then you should be able to right click each folder and go to sharing, quite similar to how you share a folder in Windows. Hope this helps.