Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks, that works. I still reserve the right to beat mlb.com's webmasters over the head with a baseball bat if I ever find them, though. (Among their other problems all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Thanks, that works.

I still reserve the right to beat mlb.com's webmasters over the head with a baseball bat if I ever find them, though. (Among their other problems all their menus end up hidden behind the rest of the content in Opera, and if you run their front page through the w3c's html validator you get 1025 errors. One might think that with such a hefty budget they could afford to care to put in some slight effort.)

Just Joined!
    Sorry, I tried the noembed=1 option. I can watch some content, but not the mlb.tv stuff, meaning the actual streaming game. Can anyone confirm this. The way I did was like this
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=432479

Just Joined!
    The game streams do work for me, though there's a bit of a delay before they open so some patience is required. 'Course some of the archived games have quirks, like for 4/8/06 the archive of TB @ TOR starts off with black static noise (presumably the game would come on after a few minutes)... but for example ATL @ SF starts with the TBS programming that was on just before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jlo_sd
    There's no need for wine or the windows version of firefox, sounds like they're taking the long way about. Personally I wouldn't trust wine to run anything consistently.

Is your mplayer plugin working at all? (Is some of the content you can watch actually WMV playing through mplayer, not just flash video?)

Just Joined!
    ok I got the video to open, but I have no audio. I'm sure its a setup issue with mplayer. I can hear Joe Buck on the flash game. My mplayer.conf looks like this

vo=xv
    ao=alsa
    autosync = 0

and as far as wine. well, it has come a long way. Firefox does run without any lockups or problems. Depends on the program.

for some reason it is not working for me either. I have the noembed=1 and have tried a bunch of different vo's. I see the frame which looks like it is going to be the video pop out but then it disappears.

I'll keep trying though. If anyone is using Gentoo can they confirm that mplayerplug-in.conf is configured globally in /etc or somewhere else. I have edited the file located in /etc but feel that this isn't actually changing anything.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Ok I just found that the plugin looks at ~./.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf last and those options override the config file found in /etc therefore my changes were not being implemented. It works now. Thanks for the good work theophile.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Just Joined!
    Thanks guys, was on the verge of cancelling my subscription!!

Is there anyway to get player controls working? I watch some of the archives and having to sit through the pre-game show can be tiresome sometimes.

Thanks again

usul

Just Joined!

Can play live games only, not archived

It is working for me for live games, but the archived games don't work. The archived games just say "Commercial in Progress" all the time. I have also tried clicking on innings in the linescore (which is supposed to jump to that inning) but that also sticks on "Commercial in Progress". Anyone else have that problem or know how to fix it?

Just Joined!
    Make sure you turn off adblock as well, especially if all content except live games is working. Also I noticed that it helps if you install the codecs before mplayerplug-in

Summary:
    w32codecs
    mplayerplug-in
    noembed=1
    turn off adblock

recently mplayerplug-in stopped working for me but I have found a new plugin for firefox called "MediaConnectivity" plugin. You can get it here . It works like a charm. But, at least for me, mplayerplug-in didin't play nice so I had to uninstall to get everything to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast