Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! Just installed Mandrake 10.1 (Official free dowload) This is the 4th time i've tried to install it, but every time, when the installer is supposed to restart the computer, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Problem with Mandrake 10.1 install!

Hi! Just installed Mandrake 10.1 (Official free dowload) This is the 4th time i've tried to install it, but every time, when the installer is supposed to restart the computer, the computer won't restart! I've tried everything, even waited 12 hours for it to restart. And then I just turn it off by pressing the power button. When I start it up again, I get the normal start-up screen, but when I try to start Mandrake it just stops after it has enabled swap-partitions. Can anybody help me? (Sorry about my bad english, I'm Norwegian. )

Hi - Your English is good and I can understand you perfectly.

Not sure what the answer is exactly, but something which might be worth trying is to turn off ACPI during installation. It's rather a weak reply to your question to be honest, but I suspect that the Mandriva installer is having some trouble with your BIOS.

Would you mind posting your hardware specs so we can see what you are using?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

Lightbulb

Thanks for fast reply!
    I've checked my hardware:

Mainboard: Asus Mainboard S-478 SIS 655FX ATX Audio LAN Raid SATA Retail

CPU: Intel CPU Celeron D 310 2.13Hz mPGA-478 533MHz 256K Boxed "Prescott"

Graphics: Winfast GForce FX5200 128MB AGP8x

Memory: 768MB (Think it's PC2100/266MHz)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close