Find the answer to your Linux question:
I,ve been trying to set up the Speedtouch driver on Mandriva. This is the driver needed for a modem DSL thompson-alcatel. I follow the steps indicated in the website about ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SpeedTouch Driver

I,ve been trying to set up the Speedtouch driver on Mandriva. This is the driver needed for a modem DSL
    thompson-alcatel. I follow the steps indicated in the website about this driver (www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/mandrake).I reach the Firewall chapter and read that the default settings are for the mandriva not to allow access to internet.To modify this we need to write a simple script with the file "shorewall".
    Unfortunately I havenīt been able to find this file in the filesystem.
    Is it with another name? Can I do other thing to modify that?

Thank you,
    Miguel

Hi - I'll take a look at this when I get home this evening, but I'm not sure the instructions on that site are very good! When I set my system up (which is Mandriva 2006) Shorewall didn't block my internet access. It blocks access from the internet to your computer by default as far as I can recall.

If you go into the gui tools for Shorewall under 'Configure Your Computer' (please provide a password for this) you'll see some white 'tick boxes'. These should be left un-ticked.

It's easier to work with Shorewall from the gui, but if you have problems you may have to use the command line as you said.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso