Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello friends, recently I have decided to switch to Linux for my first time. I have used Windows my entire life and I am ready to make the change, so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Can't Install Mandriva Linux 10.1

Hello friends,

recently I have decided to switch to Linux for my first time. I have used Windows my entire life and I am ready to make the change, so I am completly new to it. I went to Mandrivas website and downloaded disc ISO's 1, 2 and 3 of Mandriva 10.1 and burned them onto the disc's using Nero Rom Burner. After backing up all my files and finishing the burning, I restarted my computer with the Mandriva CD inside and awaited the boot. After it attempted the boot I was greeted with a monitor error "OUT OF RANGE". After this, I thought i'd try to load linux from Windows and install it that way (which probally won't work in the first place sense the PC will have to reboot after). The autorun screen popped up ok, but when I click on "Install Mandriva Linux" nothing happens! Possibly it was burned wrong? And for the monitor issue, I am lost. I'm sure this is something that will have to be fixed. I have a eMachines monitor and a ATI ALL-IN-WONDER Radeon 9800 graphics card.

I would greatly appreciate any help for I am so exicted to get my Linux enviorment up and going!

With Metta

Just Joined!
    Okie dokie, I just tried to reboot my computer with the Mandriva CD in but this time I did it with my video cards TV out feature and watched it boot on my TV and it loads excellently. But I did not do the setup sense it is a very blurry picture on my TV and I could never use it as a monitor for every day computing.
    But if to fix this Out of Range Problem I would be more then happy to try to finish setup on my TV.

Just Joined!
    Problem solved! Just ended up swaping to a more beefy monitor.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close