Find the answer to your Linux question:
I wish to create a FTP folder for public access under, but I have no space left on /var/ftp/pub. I have lots of disk space on /home, but i do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red face how to share a path for FTP access

I wish to create a FTP folder for public access under, but I have no space left on /var/ftp/pub. I have lots of disk space on /home, but i do not know how to access FTP server configuration to add the /home/xxx under my public FTP area. Yes I am new, but I am trying HARD to stay with Linux! I have Mandrake 10.0, just in case anybody needs to know. Thanks in advance. JAH

Just Joined!
    I've had a litle bit of the same problem too. I want to share my movies, music and games with my friends with an ftp, the only problem is that the files are stored in different partitions.

I have tried to put links from the folders I want to share in the home directory of the ftp user I use, but it doesn't work. (In windows I have used Bulletproof ftp server, and I have just putted links into the "home directory" and it has worked just fine. ) and now I'm wondering if there is a way to make a virtual home directory in linux?

But on youre case I'll say that you'll just have to change the home folder on the user that you use with the ftp server from /var/ftp/pub to /home/(folder name)

Just Joined!

Thumbs up FTP home path

I just did what you told me. I created a FTP dir under /home and set it up as the home dir for the ftp user. Now I have all the space I need. Thank you!

JAH

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close