Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can anyone offer assistance with the installation of an HP LaserJet 2000M with a JetDirect card. The printer is connected directly to the network with an IP address and is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help to install and configure a network printer?

Can anyone offer assistance with the installation of an HP LaserJet 2000M with a JetDirect card. The printer is connected directly to the network with an IP address and is not directly attached to a computer. I need assistance in how to install the printer to be used through the network by my laptop running Mandriva 2006. Thanks.

Have you already tried setting it up with Printerdrake (quite self-explaining) or Cups? For Cups, open a browser, type "localhost:631" and add a new printer over network. You will be asked for root access when using this. You might also need to fine-tune your firewall, so the traffic does not get blocked.
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

Just Joined!

Smile printer problem..

had a printer hp 1200, and this is connected to a computer via parallel port. I want this printer to share among the network but doesn't detect. Already tried configuring the cups, but still no printer detected. We are using Mandriva 2006. A help would highly be appreciated. Tnx...