Find the answer to your Linux question:
I seem to be having a problem running a DVD using kaffine (worked alright before) now when I insert a DVD kaffine does not start automaticly as it used to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Cd/dvd

I seem to be having a problem running a DVD using kaffine (worked alright before) now when I insert a DVD kaffine does not start automaticly as it used to instead a CD rom icon appears on the desktop if I click on that it opens konkrer whitch then mounts the CD/DVD if I then click on one of the thumbnails kaffine starts and plays the media is there a solution?

In the Mandriva Control Centre there's an option to configure your DVD drive. I believe you can alter the auto mount settings in there.

Just for interest can we see your fstab file? You open up a terminal and type cat /etc/fstab Then the output should look something like:
    Code:
    /dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
    /dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
    /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec,users 0 0
    /dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom2 auto umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec,users 0 0
    none /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
    That's a start anyway.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

fstab

Thanks for replying fingal have been to the mandrake control page an looked at the mount points section but am reluctant to change anything here without more knowledgable guidence have included a snap of my fstab as requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    At what point did you notice this change take place? Did you alter any system settings or add any software beforehand?

Your fstab file is much the same as mine, so I would rule that out. It's quite intriguing really.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Cd/dvd

@ fingal I had done a few things before the change installed makeSUSEdvd/ being suspect no 1 I have since uninstalled those changes got the CD/DVD rom working in a fashion by left clicking on the cd rom icon that appears when I insert a dvd disc and choosing the option "append to kaffeine" kaffeine then plays the disc no problem otherwise I get the following error message "the source can't be read
    maybe you don't have enough
    right for this, or the source dosen't
    contain any data (e.g: no disc in drive).
    (/dev/dvd)"

Cd/dvd

Just to let you know fingal solved the problem by reinstalling mandriva.