Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI all, I am new to Linux I am running the 2005 LE edition and am having headaches installing Flashplayer 7 from the Flashplayer download site, I have managed to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problems installing flashplayer on mandriva 2005LE, Please help.

HI all, I am new to Linux I am running the 2005 LE edition and am having headaches installing Flashplayer 7 from the Flashplayer download site, I have managed to load the said file into the konsole however at the end of the download it asked me to "Ask administator to remove the xpti.dat from the components directory of the Mozilla or netscape browser"
    Now i have no idea what or where this is, Any help would be appreciated.
    P.S I am running Mozilla.

Many thanks in advance, Hope you peeps can help

Umm.. what have you downloaded? I hope the linux package. If yes, unpack the file and go to a terminal. Now move to the flash directory, e.g.

cd /Desktop/flashfolder

you can use the "tab" key for auto-completing the command. Once you have done this, type

ls

there should be a file called "flashplayer-installer"or similar. Now type

su

and enter the root pasword in order to gain administrator privileges. Now type e.g.

./flashplayer-installer

It will start the install process now. It will ask you for the mozilla directory. Type, as suggested

/usr/share/mozilla

and continue. When it is done, close the terminal and check on a flash-coded site (e.g. www.nhl.com) if it works okay (it should).

Good luck.
    Windows free since 2002 | computing since 1984

Talking Thanks Kojak

Many thanks Kojak,

I now have flash player working on my Linux system , Next up is apple quicktime and windows media files,
    Thanks again,
    Gobo.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close