Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Everyone . I am quite new here although l do admint to viewing a few topics of which l have gathered through google. Never the less i`ll skip to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile DirectX9 For Wine.

Hello Everyone .
    I am quite new here although l do admint to viewing a few topics of which l have gathered through google. Never the less i`ll skip to the point ^_^.

I currently use Mandriva 2006; Of which l have edited a little with my basic Linux knowledge. Regarding this l am having troubles trying to get DirectX9 for wine as l am trying to run some games besides Ut2004.

The site is DirectX9 for wine. I have download this so called 'WineCVS'. I am not to familiar with using CVS although l have heard of it being brought up in several other occasion's.

I have downloaded the CVS file in which display on that page.. But l have no clue of which how to use/install it on my Mandriva 2006 linux system? Can someone please help me install it or link me to a good tutorial .

Thankyou .

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm a gamer and I keep a MS Windows partition around just to play Windows games. Programs like WINE and Cedega are not perfect, and most of the time they don't work at all for me, personally. I think you'd be better off just dual-booting for games.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Hehe I Agree with you totally; Yes l run Dual-Boot with Windows XP Proffessional. I got a 250gb HD; As if Linux could make 1/100th of that; Lol.

But rather l have heard games run faster on linux so l tried UT2004 (natively) of which l saw for myself it ran faster then Windows. But i still would like to try HL2 although the compromise .

^_^